By Kathleen Jaramillo Kweskin LMT RYT RMT CEO & Founder of Grow Wellness
THE STORY OF THE GOLDEN BUDDHA: Thousands of years ago in Thailand, there was a statue of the Buddha in a Thai monastery. This statue was made of 2.5 tons, 5,000 pounds of pure solid gold. One day of the monks heard that the Burmese army was going to attack the village. So, they quickly ran out and began to cover the Buddha with clay and concrete so that the army would view the statue as valueless. The army came and they paid no attention to the Golden Buddha. A hundred years passed, and all of the monks that had been involved in the coverup has passed away so the Buddha hid in plain sight. Somewhere in the 1970's this statue was being transported to Bangkok and they weren't being particularly careful with it. During the trip, a monk sat meditating at the base of the statue when he saw something shiny glimmering through a crack. He got the other monks and they began to chip away at the concrete until the Golden Buddha was revealed!
Message: We are all born golden and full of potential. We are born with child-like wonder and curiosity of the world! Over time, we begin to cover ourselves with social norms, fears, self doubts and false priorities until we no longer see our worth. It usually takes a big event, like a tragedy, a divorce or a big accomplishment, when a piece of our clay falls off and we are once again able to see the gold within us! It then becomes an incredible journey towards wholeness as we continue to heal our lack of self worth and reveal our true authentic self
What is BLISS? Bliss is a concept in positive psychology all about following your passions and your purpose. It asks us to look for the activities and things in our lives that bring us true joy, this creates a bliss and flow state where opportunity and potential become endless! When you follow your bliss, you begin to attract others that also are following their bliss and suddenly doors and opportunities begin to open that you weren't aware existed. Instead of dreaming about your best life, you find yourself in the nectar of your best life.
How to find your BLISS REFLECTION- Take a moment to sit somewhere quiet and reflect upon the activities and things in your life that bring you true joy. You can identify these activities by finding the ones where you lose track of time and you are pulled into the present moment. Write these activities down and reflect on how you can integrate these activities into your routine and schedule consistently. MAKE TIME FOR YOUR TRIBE- Make time for the people in your life that are also pursuing their best self! Surround yourself with uplifting people and have the courage to meet new people! Join groups or communities centered around your activities of bliss! Find your vibration shifting to bliss and flow state when you follow what speaks to your heart.
What Grow Wellness Offers for BLISS Energy Healing Sessions! Try a Reiki or Hypnotherapy session to connect you back to a balanced and blissful state of mind. Book your session by calling 203-403-3710 or emailing email@example.com (virtual sessions also available!) Yoga and Meditation Classes! Yoga and meditation are prime examples of bliss activities that nourish your mind, body and spirit. Create a routine around our amazing class schedule, connecting with yourself and being welcomed into an entire community of people pursuing purpose, thriving and wellness! Check out our class schedule HERE! You can reserve your classes HERE! Therapeutic Massage Sessions! We have an incredible array of therapeutic massages, integrating a variety of modalities! Enjoy a reiki infused massage with our Grow Peaceful Massage Journey or an incredibly calming and rejuvenating lymphatic session with our Grow Detox Massage Journey! Check out our menu HERE WORKSHOPS! We are offering consistent Goat Yoga and Rise and Renew New Moon workshops throughout the summer! These workshops are BY FAR our most popular events, with uplifting and therapeutic effects reported to be "game changing" for the way we operate in our daily lives. One of our students reported that the bliss from Goat Yoga lasted weeks afterwards! Head to our schedule and reserve your spots today! Products! We hand select every single thing in our shop, tailored to invoke specific wellness goals. Our most uplifting products to match this months theme are: Passionflower tincture, Ashwagandha CBD Capsules, CBD Tincture, Sunrise CBD Salve, Dharana CBD Aromatherapy Roller bottle; Pranayama CBD Roller bottle; Vintage Thatobati Singing Bowls from India; Elephant pants from India; Bright colored yoga blankets; Bright citrine, selenite and amethyst crystals, CBD honey, CBD Golden Milk Lattes and SO MUCH MORE!!! To shop and get 10% off until August 1st, head to our online shop HERE and use discount code: Happiness
Find a quiet spot where you won't be disturbed and experience bliss for yourself! Spirituality is a personal experiential process. Enjoy the ride! If you liked your experience, you can purchase the full 30 minute Bliss Immersion Meditation coming next week! You can also experience spa treatments where you can listen to the full meditation on our headset. You can also book a one on one Hypnotherapy session with Kim Scala! Mention this article to get an exclusive discount on your sessions and classes.
Getting back out in the world can be overwhelming. I admit my jeans have been in the bottom drawer for a while now. I predict loose summer dresses will be making a big comeback this year! On a more serious note, for all you overachievers out there, this transition will be difficult. Your insatiable desire to complete tasks has gotten you to take on more and more work. Many of you have become around the clock workaholics. Neglecting your personal needs to perform at your best, at the one thing, you can control (or think you can) results in excellent work performance output. The drawback is your job should not be taking up 16 hours of your day (unless you work for yourself and are establishing a business)! You will need to establish boundaries for yourself. If you are going back into the office you will need to leave your work there. A daily self care regimen is critical. It will have to be incorporated into your day and your work hours will have to be adjusted. Our essential workers have been doing double duty and not having time for self care. For them, making time is crucial. Parents have had to juggle work and educating their kids. Trying to find balance in chaos is not an easy feat. Actually it is draining and frustrating. Technology challenged people, like myself, have been thrown into a new virtual world, trying to communicate without the feedback that comes with live interactions. Whatever our life circumstances we can all agree that Covid 19 has forever changed us. Many of us are confused. We have all experienced loss and grief. Our nervous systems have been on high alert for over a year now. So what can you do to make the transition back into society doable ?
It starts with relaxing the nervous system!
1. Breathing deeply and getting into a daily self care regimen. Once you slow down and take deeper slower breaths you get out of the all-to-familiar shallow breathing pattern. Once the body recognizes there is no threat it can dial down to a calmer setting. Taking time throughout the day to do deep belly breathing can be very effective to calm your nervous system.
2. Daily quiet meditation which can be as simple as lighting a candle and with your eyes half shut just look at the candle. Focusing your attention just on the flame for three minutes.. This will allow your brain to slow down. If your mind wanders which it will just bring your attention back to the flame. Over time you can increase to ten minutes of focused attention on the flame. This will be very calming.
3. Stretchingis a great start. Greet each day with an open stretch palms to the sky feeling gratitude for the gift of life. Now we all know, to well, just how precious life is. As time goes on you can gradually add more movement into your routine, yoga, daily walks . There are some great energy protocols that you can incorporate in as well. That is for another newsletter.
4. Taking time for a relaxing bath with aromatherapy can be helpful to relax the body. (My favorite is Grow Wellness aromatherapy blends, use my code Energy08 for a discount!)
5. A massage schedule is extremely beneficial, especially lymphatic massage and/or cupping where toxins can be safely released. (Looking for a place? GROW WELLNESS is the best, mention this article and get a free month membership!)
6. Getting a consistent sleep pattern going for yourself is essential. There are many over the counter sleep aids which can be helpful. I have found CBD bedtime lattes that work well for me. (Code: Energy08 for a discount to try it yourself!) I wake up clear headed and feeling rested, which hasn’t been the case with some of the over the counter sleep aids I have tried. To start having more consistent sleep hygiene make sure you shut off devices close to your bed. Don’t eat an hour before retiring (and if you watch television shut that down an hour before as well). Make sure your room is dark, an open window is always nice.
7. You may want to try listening to guided sleep meditations on a headset or relaxing music that has binaural beats in the background to put you to sleep. Just make sure your cell phone or other device is across the room.
8. Find time to pursue your passions. Try something different. Take up a new hobby. Try to join a group that shares your passion.
9. Get outside.Nature is the best healer. Lift your spirit with music, art, laughter.
10. Most importantly observe creativity in your day. Look at the creative aspect of everything you see from children playing to architecture to nature .We are all creators. We were born to create.
The universe is ever expanding. You must also expand. You are being called to transform. Like the caterpillar, we have been cocooned .We stand on the threshold . We are all breaking free, free to soar and free to create a new way of being . By honoring our bodies and expanding our consciousnesses the best version of us will awaken.
Are you experiencing trepidation about moving forward? If you feel stuck in any way please call Grow Wellness 203-403-3710or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a customized Grow to Wellness Program with hypnotherapist, Kim Scala and our other practitioners. To learn MORE about Hypnotherapy, CLICK HERE
Kim Scala, Hypnotherapist
Kim is on an amazing transformational journey . Her wisdom and keen insight will be of great value to all who come into her high energy field. Kim is a board certified Hypnotherapist. She has Mediumship and Tarot Reading certification as well as Reiki 1&2, Quantum Touch and EFT Tapping. Kim uses various energy stimulation techniques and guided imagery visualizations to assist you to overcome subconscious blocks . Kim energetically attunes and recalibrates your body energy centers to get them running optimally. Kim is a graduate of UCONN and a long time resident of Ridgefield Connecticut.