Before Infrared Sauna Use
- Always consult your physician to see if integrating an infrared sauna routine into your healthcare is a good fit. Infrared saunas may be contraindicated for certain medical conditions and medications due to the increased heat.
- Do not engage in sauna use if under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The experience can also be too intense if severely hungover or detoxing from drugs and alcohol.
- DO hit the infrared sauna AFTER yoga or working out.
- Enjoy the infrared BEFORE you get a massage. You can also use the infrared sauna after your massage session, just make sure to jump in the shower to wash off any lotion or oils.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink at least 1-3 pints of water before your session!
- Don't wear oils, lotions or products in the sauna. They will not only block the infrared therapy, but your pores dilate and you will be sweating on top of it all.
- Wear as little as possibly for maximum exposure! You can go in completely nude or wrapped in a towel. Some people prefer to be clothed and wear a bathing suit or workout gear. If you are going to wear clothing, loose shorts and a loose t-shirt is advised.
- Start with 15 minutes in the infrared sauna and work your way up.
During Infrared Sauna Use
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Bring a cup of cold water with you into your sauna experience.
- NO PHONES - Allow for the full benefits with full disconnection. Plus, the heat can mess with the hardware.
- Sit in an upright position
- Set infrared sauna to a temperature that is comfortable for you! No matter the temperature, because it is an infrared sauna, you will get full benefits!
- Take slow deep breaths and meditate!
- Practice self massage on your face, neck, shoulders, arms and legs! Try light stretching.
- Feel the rainbow of your chromotherapy, color therapy experience.
After Infrared Sauna Use
- Make time to cool down after your session. Get up nice and easy.
- Take advantage of the shower! Wash off the sweat and toxins. For extra benefits, practice contrast hydrotherapy and jump into a cold shower after your session.
- Hydrate, hydrate hydrate! Continue to drink a ton of water to replenish the fluid you lost during your detoxifying session! Prevent dehydration.
- For best results, avoid sugar and junk food for 48 hours
Benefits of infrared therapy
There is a reason why you can find infrared sauna use as an important part of recovery for athletes, treatment for chronic pain and so much more. They are featured in hospitals, gyms, recovery centers and spiritual ashrams around the world. An infrared sauna takes benefits of a regular, heat sauna to a new level using infrared light to affect the body on a cellular level....