4 Ways to Connect to the winter solstice
by Lisa Cito
Today, December 21st is the Winter Solstice. This is the first official day of Winter and the shortest day of the year, as well as the longest night of the year.
Here are 4 Ways to connect to this days energy...
1) Through yoga asana
You can join us in a wellness class in-studio or through live-streaming to get some yoga flow, or book a private session to address specific goals! We also have a Virtual On Demand Wellness Class Library for you to have 24/7 access to content and flow on your time from anywhere in the world!
The benefits of utilize warming aromatherapy with cinnamon, clove, ginger or rosemary are trifold, affecting the body, mind and soul at each layer.
Today only (Wednesday 12.21.22), we are offering our Grow Wellness aromatherapy at 10% OFF as part of our Holiday 10 Days of Deals! Fun fact: our aromatherapy blends have been professionally designed to target different benefits and contain triple-tested full-spectrum CBD as well!
3. Warm Drinks
Hot yummy drinks are great for stimulating warmth and warming up your soul!
Check out our variety of CBD lattes in our Therapy Shop!
4. Spending time with Loved Ones
Connecting with our loved ones is another wonderful way to warm up your soul this Winter!
So celebrate this day and embrace this beautiful season of fresh cool air while creating and stimulating warmth in our bodies through yoga, aromatherapy, hot yummy drinks like cider and hot chocolate and being around loved ones to warm the heart and soul.
Peace and Love
Join us this month for a meditative Mandala Holiday paint and sip for the perfect night out with freidns, family and loved ones!
Join in for a night of tapping into your creativity and connecting with your deeper self in a light hearted atmosphere with Lisa Cito at Grow Wellness. Be prepared to have fun while you get your visual, mental and spiritual connection to expand as you design from your heart into your unique mandala art piece. Make sure to grab dinner beforehand so your fueled up and ready to create beautiful Mandala Art! Holiday Cocktails, Mocktails & Supplies provided!
Paint, Sip and Meditate.
Spots are limited so be sure to reserve yours before it fills!
5 simple ways to reduce emotional stress in your life
by Michael Rosenbaum
Unlike physical stressors, emotional stress is just your reaction to what ever presents itself in your life. It is something we add to the situation. There is nothing that is inherently emotionally stressful, nothing! Even if you find yourself in a dangerous situation, you may feel fear but you don’t have to add to that situation with worry, projecting into the future, anger, etc. The added stress you add to a situation can block your ability to make a clear choice that will create a solution to the situation.
So when you notice you are reacting with stress to some situation, try doing the following:
1) Realize you are having a stress reaction. This allows you not to get too caught up in it. Awareness is a powerful tool.
2) Take 2-3 deep breaths and step back from the stress reaction. Get some distance. There is law that says whatever you focus on gets stronger; so by removing your focus from the stress means you are not compounding it and making it stronger.
3) Ask yourself the question “is this a problem right now, in this moment?” 95% of the time stress is a projection into the future or a reliving of something in the past. However life only exists in the “now” so by asking that question it immediately takes care of a lot of angst. If it does become a problem, then you can act at that time. How many times did you go over in your mind what you were going to do, but when you got to the moment to act you actually did something different?
4) Switch your focus to connecting to your “higher self”, that part of you that is tranquil. Perhaps you met that part of yourself in meditation, or yoga, or a walk in nature.
5) Appreciate, appreciate, appreciate! A saying we have in positive psychology is “Whatever you appreciate , appreciates (gets bigger)”. If you train yourself to look for even the smallest things you are grateful for, that will have the effect of melting stress.
You May Say...
...but when I get “triggered” by someone or some situation, stress is my automatic response and I don’t know how to change that? Well then come to my free event on Saturday 11/19 at 5:15pm at Grow Wellness (or virtually) and find out how you can remap your brain and permanently change those triggers and start living your life from your “higher Self”
Join us for a FREe member event:
Alicia has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 2015 as well as a certified reflexologist since 2017. She holds certifications in Medical Massage and Neuromuscular Therapy for the cervical spine and jaw as well. With a basis in Swedish massage, she incorporates trigger point work, movement, and education into her sessions. She believes that massage therapy is not just for the body but also for the mind.